Cape Cod Wildlife Festival!
Join us September 15th for a festival celebrating wildlife and habitat on Cape Cod! With booths, educational activities, local authors, refreshments, and more, its fun for the whole family! Don’t miss the birds of prey show at 1 pm. FREE ADMISSION!
Date: Saturday, September 15 (raindate Sunday)
Time: 10 am – 3 pm
Place: Mass Audubon Long Pasture Wildlife Sanctuary, 345 Bone Hill Road, Cummaquid, MA
• Meet wildlife organizations from the Cape and beyond featuring exhibits and activities!
• Enjoy wild entertainment and a beautiful view of Barnstable Harbor!
• Book signings of exciting new books by local authors, including Theresa Barbo (Cape Cod Wildlife), Bill Sargent (Beach Wars, Crab Wars), Susan Baur (The Turtle Sisters of Cape Cod Pond), Lorri Devlin (Cape Cod Critters), Jonathan Way (Suburban Howls). Books will be available from Books By The Sea.
• Delicious food provided by John’s Dogs & More!
• Birds of Prey show at 1 pm! Featuring Norman Smith, director of Blue Hills Trailside Museum and Norman Smith Environmental Education Center in Milton. His work has been featured in National Geographic, Ranger Rick, and Yankee Magazine.
The festival is hosted by the Cape Cod Wildlife Collaborative, a partnership of non-profit organizations committed to protecting wildlife through rescue, rehabilitation, science, advocacy, habitat conservation, and education.
Participating organizations include:Barnstable Land Trust, Cape Cod Maritime Museum, Cape Wildlife Center, IFAW Marine Mammal Rescue & Research, MassAudubon Long Pasture Wildlife Sanctuary, National Marine Life Center, Orenda Wildlife Trust, Provincetown Center for Coastal Studies,The Thorton W. Burgess Society, Three Bays Preservation, Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society, and WildCare.
Sponsored by a generous grant from the Mid-Cape Regional Cultural Council Chapter of the Massachusetts Cultural Council.