NMLC has openings for the following positions:
Title: Discovery Center Manager and Education Coordinator
Supervisor: President & Executive Director
Status: Full-time, seasonal
FLSA Exempt: No
Responsible for day-to-day operations of the National Marine Life Center’s Discovery Center and marine animal education programs.
- Greet and educate the public, including children, families, and adults, about NMLC and marine animals.
- Supervise Discovery Center interns and volunteers.
- Design, modify, prepare, and conduct education programs.
- Attend / deliver off-site education events.
- Manage the Discovery Center including:
- Retail sales, including cash register and credit card operations.
- Arrange gift shop merchandise, order supplies and maintain inventory records.
- Update and maintain education exhibits.
- Assist with general administrative and building duties, including answering phones, receiving guests, cleaning.
- Bachelors degree in education, marine biology, environmental studies, or related field required.
- Minimum 3 years experience working with the public and/or directly with elementary school-age children required.
- Previous experience in an educational or museum setting preferred.
- Must successfully complete a CORI and SORI Background Check.
- Valid driver’s license required and ability to travel within the southeastern MA and Cape Cod regions.
- Must demonstrate good customer service skills and the ability to work well with diverse, intergenerational audiences, including the public, staff, & volunteers.
- Must demonstrate good oral communication, math, and cash handling skills.
- Must be able to endure some physical exertion, such as long periods of standing, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy items such as incoming inventory, displays, and supplies. The work may require specific but common physical characteristics and abilities such as lifting up to 50 pounds, agility, and dexterity.
The National Marine Life Center (NMLC) is an independent, non-profit 501(c)(3) marine animal hospital and science and education center. We rehabilitate and release stranded marine mammals and sea turtles in order to advance science and education in marine wildlife health and conservation.
NMLC is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. It is the policy of NMLC not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position opened until filled, only qualified candidates will be contacted.