During the current COVID-19 pandemic, NMLC staff worked on creating virtual content for families at home. Here of some examples of those virtual resources!
We’re here for you! If you have questions, comments, or suggestions, or if you would like to schedule a private virtual program or field trip, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We offer virtual classes on a variety of topics.
Discovery Zone Activities
- Patient Update LIVE! We are currently experiencing trouble with our live feed cameras. Please stay tuned for updates on when this program will be brought back. You are welcome to visit our Facebook page to watch past videos. Facebook Live.
- Eat Like a Whale – Whales are incredible! There are 90 different species of whales, dolphins, and porpoises. They belong to two groups, those with baleen and those with teeth. Discover what these two groups eat and how they catch their food! Video Here
- Tracking and Tagging Marine Animals – How do we learn where ocean animals spend their time, how fast they swim, and “how far they’ll go”? We can track and identify them with tagging devices! Learn all about how we tag and track ocean animals. Video
- Sea Turtles Behind the Scenes – Have you ever wondered how the National Marine Life Center cares for our Sea Turtle patients? Learn about what our sea turtles eat, what we give them to heal their shells, and how we get them ready to go back to the wild again. Video
On Demand Virtual Programs
- Behind the SEAnes – virtual exploration “behind the scenes” at NMLC, posted on Facebook. Some videos are also available on NMLC’s YouTube Channel.