Celebrate Cape Cod Wildlife and Habitats this Saturday with the Cape Cod Wildlife Collaborative!
When: Saturday, September 14
Time: 10 am to 3 pm
Where: Mass Audubon Long Pasture Wildlife Sanctuary, 345 Bone Hill Road, Barnstable, MA (directions available by clicking on above link)
For Information: call 508-362-7475
This year promises to be bigger and better than ever, with over a dozen wildlife and environmental organizations presenting a variety of activities, presentations and displays. In addition, you’ll get to meet local authors and wildlife photographers. And don’t forget the live Ravens to Raptors presentation at 1 pm! It’s FREE and fun for the whole family!
- Meet local environmental organizations, including the National Marine Life Center, and enjoy exhibits and hands-on activities!
- LIVE! Ravens to Raptors presentation at 1 pm!
- Book signings with local authors! Books available from Books by the Sea.
- Top Cape wildlife photographers available to answer your questions about capturing the essence of wildlife.
- Live music! Delicious food will be available.
Wildlife Photographers – Ask the Experts!
Local wildlife photographers will answer your questions about how to capture wildlife on film, what kind of equipment they prefer, and to share their work. Here is the hourly schedule.
- 10:00-11:00 Heather Fone – Photographs in “Cape Cod Wildlife” by Theresa Barbo
- 11:00-12:00 Jonathan Way – “My Yellowstone Experience”
- 12:00-1:00 Elliott Carr – “In the Beginning; an Osprey Family Story”
- 1:00-2:00 Live “Ravens to Raptors” presentation
- 2:00-3:00 Jesse Mechling – www.travelandnaturephoto.com
Authors & Book Signings with Books By The Sea
Local authors will be available to sign books and answer your questions. Here is the hourly schedule.
- 10:00-11:00 Christie Lowrance – “Nature’s Ambassador” and Susan Baur – “The Turtle Sisters Move…”
- 11:00-12:00 Ron Lasko – “A Tale of Two Rivers” and Barbara Gleason – “Animal Escapes”
- 12:00-1:00 Theresa Barbo – “Cape Cod Wildlife” and Kate Walls & Kathy Dayan – “Cape Cod Bear”
- 1:00-2:00 Live “Ravens to Raptors presentation
- 2:00-3:00 Gil Newton – “Discovering the Cape Cod Shoreline” and J. Roach-Evans – “Seashells”
Believing that wildlife has intrinsic value to our region, the Cape Cod Wildlife Collaborative is a partnership of non-profit organizations committed to protecting wildlife through rescue, rehabilitation, science, advocacy, habitat conservation and education.
Partner organizations include Barnstable Land Trust, Cape Wildlife Center, Center for Coastal Studies, IFAW Marine Mammal Rescue & Research, Mass Audubon’s Long Pasture Wildlife Sanctuary, National Marine Life Center, Orenda Wildlife Land Trust, Thornton W. Burgess Society, Three Bays Preservation, Whale & Dolphin Conservation, and Wild Care.