Celebrate Wildlife! The Cape Cod Wildlife Collaborative is sponsoring its 7th Annual Cape Cod Wildlife Festival this Saturday.
WHEN: Saturday, September 10, 2016
TIME: 10am – 3pm
WHERE: Mass Audubon’s Long Pasture Wildlife Sanctuary, 345 Bone Hill Road, Barnstable.
The Festival is FREE to the public and features family-friendly education and entertainment.
- Live animal education presentations with Rick the Creature Teacher at 11am and 1pm
- Books by the Sea of Osterville presenting Cape residents Anne Broyer, author of “The Curious Tuna,” and Lorri Devlin, author of “Cape Cod Critters,” signing and selling their books from 12pm to 1pm
- Live music performed by local group
- Delicious food from Pineapple Caper Mobile Café, Cape Cod Donuts, and Lewis Brothers Solar Ice Cream Truck
- Environmentally-themed interactive activities for families
This year’s Cape Cod Wildlife Festival will highlight the dangers of marine debris and its impact on Cape Cod. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Trash-Free Waters program, about 80% of marine debris originates as land-based trash and the remaining 20% is attributed to at-sea intentional or accidental disposal or loss of goods and waste. The result can be deadly for wildlife and harmful to the environment. To increase awareness of this issue, the Cape Cod Wildlife Collaborative is running a Facebook contest in conjunction with the Festival, asking entrants to post pictures of their actions to reduce marine debris, using the hashtag #capecodwild. More details can be found on the Cape Cod Wildlife Festival Facebook page.
For information or visit https://www.facebook.com/CapeCodWildlifeCollaborative/ or call 508-362-7475.