Celebrate wildlife at the 6th Annual Cape Cod Wildlife Festival! The festival showcases local environmental groups – both on land and in the water – all in one place, on one day, and free to the general public.
What: Cape Cod Wildlife Festival
When: Saturday, September 12, 2015
Time: 10 am – 3 pm
Where: Mass Audubon’s Long Pasture Wildlife Sanctuary, 345 Bone Hill Road, Cummaquid
- 11 am – Live animal educational presentation from Rick the Creature Teacher
- 1 pm – Live animal educational presentation from New England Raptor and Reptile
- Live music with The Gurus
- Local natural history authors signing and selling their books courtesy of Books By The Sea
- Nature photography
- Environmentally-themed, interactive activities for families
- Non-profit booths
FREE Admission! (donations appreciated)
The festival is underwritten by a generous grant from Cape Cod Five Cents Savings Bank.
The Cape Cod Wildlife Collaborative is a partnership of non-profit organizations committed to protecting wildlife through rescue, rehabilitation, science, advocacy, habitat conservation and education. Members of the Collaborative are: Barnstable Land Trust, Cape Wildlife Center, Center for Coastal Studies, Goldenrod Foundation, IFAW Marine Mammal Rescue & Research, Jones River Watershed Association/Cape Cod Bay Watch, MassAudubon Long Pasture Wildlife Sanctuary, National Marine Life Center, Orenda Wildlife Land Trust, Thornton W. Burgess Society, Three Bays Preservation, Whale & Dolphin Conservation, and Wild Care.
For further festival information, visit www.facebook.com/CapeCodWildlifeCollaborative
or call Long Pasture Wildlife Sanctuary at 508-362-7475.