Join the National Marine Life Center and the Cape Cod Wildlife Collaborative and celebrate wildlife! The 5th annual Cape Cod Wildlife Festival showcases local environmental groups – both on land and in the water. It’s FREE, and fun for the whole family!
- Date: Saturday, September 13, 2014
- Time: 10 am – 3 pm
- Place: Mass Audubon Long Pasture Wildlife Sanctuary, 345 Bone Hill Road, Cummaquid, MA. Click here for directions.
- Exhibits and activities from local environmental groups
- LIVE Ravens to Raptors presentation by Mass Audubon’s Blue Hills Trailside Museum at 1 pm
- Book signings by local authors provided by Books By The Sea
- Live music with The Gurus
- Top Cape Cod wildlife photographers sharing photography tips
- Local produce available for sale at Cape Abilities’ farm stand
- Delicious food from Johns Dogs & More
- Giveaways, raffles, and more!
The festival is underwritten by generous grants from the Mid-Cape Cultural Council, a local agency which is supported by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency. Additional funding was provided by Cape Cod Five Cents Savings Bank, and CARE for the Cape and Islands. The Cape Cod Media Group is the media sponsor.
For further festival information, call Long Pasture Wildlife Sanctuary at 508-362-7475.
The Cape Cod Wildlife Collaborative is a partnership of non-profit organizations committed to protecting wildlife through rescue, rehabilitation, science, advocacy, habitat conservation and education. Members of the Collaborative are: Barnstable Land Trust, Cape Wildlife Center, Center for Coastal Studies, Goldenrod Foundation, IFAW Marine Mammal Rescue & Research, Mass Audubon Long Pasture Wildlife Sanctuary, National Marine Life Center, Orenda Wildlife Land Trust, Thornton W. Burgess Society, Three Bays Preservation, Whale & Dolphin Conservation, and Wild Care Cape Cod.