1. Our mission. We help animals, advance science, and teach kids (of all ages) to conserve our precious ocean resources. It’s important and compelling work, and your support allows us to continue.
2. Our volunteers. Dedicated individuals from all walks of life care about animals, science, and education and work with us to make a difference. You can make a difference, too.
3. Our new hospital. During challenging economic times, we’ve continued to make progress on building our new marine animal hospital. We are on the brink of accepting patients. To open our doors, we still need your help.
4. Our programs. In 2010, we cared for 26 endangered non-marine turtles. We delivered six scientific presentations. We reached over 5,800 children and adults this year through our education programs – higher than any other year. We welcomed over 8,300 people to our Marine Animal Discovery Center – a new record. We provided real-world, hands-on learning experiences to 13 student interns – also a new record. Through our programs, we are investing in the future. You can invest in the future, too.
5. Our supporters. You visited. You got involved. You joined the conversation. You gave. This is your Center, and these are your accomplishments.
Please consider a year end gift so that the National Marine Life Center – and YOU – can open our new hospital and help more animals. So together we can learn more about the animals, the diseases from which they suffer, and how to help them. So together we can teach more children – and adults – to conserve our important ocean heritage.
Thank you for your support.