Refurbished Discovery Center to be Unveiled at Annual Meeting
Serving as the public face of the National Marine Life Center, the Marine Animal Discovery Center offers an educational experience about helping marine animals on Cape Cod. Over the years, this small visitors’ center has grown organically with a variety of exhibits created by interns and volunteers. Displays feature information on marine animals, strandings and rehabilitation, and human impact on the environment.
Over the years, thousands of visitors exploring the hands-on exhibits have left the Discovery Center a bit worn around the edges. So, earlier this year, we began a new type of rehabilitation project – that of refurbishing the visitors’ side of our organization! With the help of local businesses as well as a wonderful crew of interns and volunteers, we painted and polished, replaced the carpeting, and added interpretive signage. We hope you like the effort!
Please join NMLC for our Annual Meeting on Wednesday, May 17, to check out the new Discovery Center. You’ll also get the chance to learn more about our programs and meet with our volunteers and staff. Here are the details.
- WHO: YOU are invited to join us!
- WHAT: NMLC’s Annual Meeting
- WHEN: Wednesday, May 17, 5:30-7:30 pm
- WHERE: National Marine Life Center, 120 Main Street, Buzzards Bay
- WHY: To see the new Discovery Center and celebrate another successful year of marine animal rehabilitation, science, and education
RSVP to 508-743-9888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Light refreshments will be served.
A special thank you to the following businesses, organizations, and individuals who made this project possible.
- At Your Service Home Improvements, carpenter Michael Brescia, for contributing your time and excellent carpentry skills
- Home Depot, Wareham, Manager Alex Pope, for contributing materials
- Sherwin Williams Paint Store, Wareham, Manager Carissa Booth, for contributing paint
- Carpets of Cape Cod, Hyannis, for making it possible for us to acquire our beautiful new carpeting
- Signarama of Yarmouth, for helping us acquire our vinyl lettering
- Community Leadership Institute of Cape Cod, for providing a volunteer painting crew
- NMLC Interns and Co-Ops Ali C., Amy S., Caitlin W., and Amanda R. for your help throughout!
- Patricia Austin for your vision
- Casey Shetterly for your implementation